Friday 17 February 2012

JG in SFX Magazine

In case you hadn't already discovered it for yourself, I'm in the latest issue of SFX Magazine (#219 if you're keeping score - the one with Bilbo Baggins on the front). But just for once it's not a review of one of my books; it is in fact a book review written by me. Of a classic.

That's right, I've had the temerity of reviewing Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. It somehow seemed appropriate, after the book inspired me to write the Pax Britannia novella White Rabbit and, naturally, because of its Victorian connection.

In the same issue, fellow steampunk author* Lavie Tidhar, the 'emerging master' behind The Bookman Histories, gets a double-page spread! (Well one page and a whopping great photo.)

So if you haven't had a copy arrive already through the post, get down to your local newsagent tomorrow and pick one up!


STOP PRESS! STOP PRESS! STOP PRESS! STOP PRESS!
I'm on SFX.co.uk today, or at least my latest Doctor Who story is. Monstrous Missions gets 3 stars out of a possible 5 overall, with the reviewer describing Terrible Lizards as 'action-packed, but bland.' Naturally, I disagree, but then I guess you can't win 'em all.






*He'll love me for calling him that!

No comments: