Friday 11 December 2009

Alice in Wonderland

Like many people, I suspect, I felt that I knew the story of Alice in Wonderland even though I had never actually read Lewis Carroll's children's classic. And because of that I decided I wanted to write a story that drew heavily from both Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking-Glass. But first of all I decided that I had to read the originals before putting pen to paper myself (or rather fingers to keyboard).


Anyway, the upshot of all this is that today I started work on White Rabbit, a short story that's due to be printed in the back of Pax Britannia: Blood Royal. Now Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is due on 5 March 2010 and Blood Royal won't be published until April 2010, so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.


But just to get your senses in a state of surreal excitement, in preparation for next Spring, here's the trailer for the movie.

No comments: