Tuesday 27 October 2009

New century, new look

Would you Adam and Eve it? The Pax Britannia blog has been around now for over 18 months and in that time has changed very little. So, seeing as how it is the 21st century (even though in the world of Pax Britannia it's still only the 20th) and seeing as how the PB books have recently had their own makeover, with the publication of Evolution Expects, I thought it was time to freshen things up here too.

The very cool banner logo is by designer extraordinaire Simon Parr and they'll be some more treats coming from him to this blog soon. You might have already seen his work on the front of 2000AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine as well.

But for the time being, let me know what you think of the new look and whether there's anything else you'd like to see on the blog.

Until next time...

4 comments:

ediFanoB said...

I like the new logo on the top but for my taste there is too much empty space beside the logo. I would like to see a dirigible or gears or goggles on each side of the logo.

There is one thing which I don't understand. There are two blogs related to PAX BRITANNIA, this one and Unnatural History. For me it would be easier to follow just one blog.

Iron Mammoth said...

I also like the logo and agree that the white space around it should have something in it!

As ediFanoB suggested one possibility would be the zepplins, cogs and goggles route, antoher option would be some nice victorian style, Arts and Crafts of even Art Nouveau graphic swirls etc. (As might be found adorning vitorian ironwork).

ediFanoB said...

David Drage,

good to read that I'm not the only one who thinks there is something missing.

I alos like your proposal including victorian style Art.

Jonathan Green said...

I should explain that Simon originally used the logo on some PB concepts (to be published on-blog sometime soon) but I asked him to send it to me clean for me to use on various things.

The lack of a mover interesting banner is all down to me... but I'm working on it! ;-)